Conference held in London in solidarity with Fariba Adelkhah and Roland Marchal, 17 February 2020
Meeting of support for Fariba Adelkhah, Roland Marchal, Kylie Moore-Gilbert and other detainees
Unjustified Captives: Knowledge under attack
1) Thinking with and for Fariba, Roland and Kylie: independence for producing knowledge to understand and avoid violence
- About Fariba : James Mc Dougall: Professor of modern and contemporary history, Fellow and tutor in modern history, Dean Trinity College, Oxford and David Styan, MSc Global Politics program director, Birkbeck College.
- About Roland : Ricardo Soares De Oliveira, Professor of the International Politics of Africa, Department of Politics and International Relations, University of Oxford
- About Kylie: Dr Nicholas Michelsen, Director of Research, King’s Centre for Strategic Communications (KCSC).
2) Academic detainees : testimonies of past and present cases of academic prisoners when researching in hostile environments
- Jabri Vivienne Professor of International Politics (KCL)
- Didier Bigo Professor of International Political Sociology (Sciences-Po Paris-CERI and KCL)
- Mervyn Frost Professor of International Relations (KCL)
- Leonie Ansems de Vries, Senior Lecturer in International Relations Chair Migration Research GroupKCL)
3) Exchange on other actions in France and Europe, as well as plans for future actions of support in the UK
4) Come with valentine postcards and sign letters of supports
Bush House Lecture Theatre 2 BH S 404- King’s College London